It is December 22. How’d that happen?
Anyway … dead lifts instruction video, Geoff weighs in on money in ultras, a step towards 470 continuing through to Golden, interview with Grand Master Doug Bell …
CRYSTAL BALL 2011: who becomes the next name in the sport that we are all a’buzz about? Actually, I consider this question on a few fronts. I eyeball the guys who are turning 40 this year … as becoming a Masters runner can be quite a motivation for some to up their game (and possibly become injured). Lucho becomes a Master, as does Brad P. … but beyond that, I am wondering who in the MUT space shows up and we are surprised by. I guess we could see the extension of Siemers and Randall, or it could be new names altogether. I can see a guy like JV really having a bust out year too.
GOALS 2011: I really need to put a structure to this one and break this goal down a bit but it is about strength training. I am tempted to say that I’d do something like 36000 pushups in 2011, but that is a goal that sets up for failure. In regards to strength training, I think I need to take this goal and make it small discernable short term steps. Like, next week I will do core, squats, etc for 10 minutes every day. Just little stuff that I can do that I can build a habit around. I just need to G.A.P and get on it.
I also have some goals in regards to guitar … mostly about expanding my repertoire and using a Kanban board to drive that. More on that later, but it is mostly about getting down another dozen or so songs next year. Maybe even writing some.
Found the files I recorded yesterday and so podcast 5 will probably be up tonight.
AM – ten miles really easy. Really easy. Dog jog. Thought about getting it after this AM for a bit but will look for that tomorrow. 3989 miles and over 600 hours now so tomorrow might be 4k day.
I dig the Tony video but I don’t dig how the video file starts everytime the dang web page loads automatically.
Seems to me JV can break out whenever he wants to, he just chooses to race very few times throughout the year.
ReplyDeleteAnd Lucho is already in the middle of a break out I think. Jemez and Pb were great finishes. Curious to see his (running) race schedule for 2011 - if he even reveals it.
You are using the wrong embed code on the video.
ReplyDeletegbdlgpXtSgI
Re: the 470 parkway article: no kidding, map please!
ReplyDeleteI'm not going to comment on city councils deciding my fate, i.e. how land around me should be used or what money should be spent on transportation and how. Oops, did I just comment?
Anyway what I really need is a monorail from my job in Arvada to the Chautauqua trailhead. Truthfully, there's just no efficient way to get from west metro up to 36. I make a big "L" over to 93 between the Table Mountains and then north.
I looked for ways to stop auto play on the video, because I am of the same opinion, but it looks like that was set by RunningTimes.com or some default, and some Flash script activates it. The autoplay and play tags have no effect.
I don't mind it (the vid) starting up each time. I've now watched it over 20 times. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality (liking chicks ;-) to say that Tony might be one of the most enjoyable runners to watch. Watching videos of him over the last 3 years has improved my own stride length and form.
ReplyDeleteSomeone mentioned that a documentary or movie of ultrarunning would be impressive on the big screen. I would be the first in line if a Warren Miller-esque production reaches a theater.
GZ, just for kicks (intended), juxtapose that video of stride analysis you posted a few months back (from Ace?)and this short video of Anton.
ReplyDeleteHe seems to accentuate that flaw the video points-out regarding foot-strike.
Of course, you might have 2,000,003 better things to do :-)
footfeathers - It was (at least) me talking about the feature film. As long as they don't have people running off cliffs like they do in ski porn.
ReplyDeleteA sponsor like The North Face or Salomon could do it. They're already doing films and events for other sports (i.e. TNF speaker series, which is great).
I've tried filming while running and it's a disaster. LOL. It'd make the whole audience nauseous. Sniffle. Wheeze. Shake. Spit.
Okay, so perhaps I am an idiot on the embed code.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'd love such a movie. In fact, I am making one if I ever win the lottery (which I never play).