PM – after some AM wrapping and assembly, I got out for some easy miles. Did a little check in the middle and I was rolling around just under 8 minute pace and about 140-145. Nice and mellow. When I got back, KZ talked me into heading to the middle school to do her gym class warm up that they “do everyday.” I got my butt kicked.
About a half mile warm up (.43).
Then 25 jumping jacks,
then some stretching (arm cross, leg cross touch toes – both sides, touch toes straight up, Achilles stretch with palms to ground, then groin stretch
10 crunches,
10 1 leg extended sit ups – both sides,
35 push ups where she called out the up down,
the easy jog 80 seconds, then jog 80 seconds, then run 80 seconds, then sprint 80 seconds,
then jumps – all 30 secs each, in place, side to side, forward backward, square clockwise, square counterclockwise, figure 8, then the opposite direction figure 8 and repeat the whole sequence one legged and then the other leg.
The jumps killed me. And the down and hold it nature of the push ups had quite a few folks laughing as they walked by and she tortured me. Anyway … I will look to do this again. I recorded the audio of me wimping out on this so it may make its way into a future podcast.
11 miles on the day.
GOALS 2011: I want to go from my front door to Bear Peak and back. Mostly because that is the peak I see as head out my front door. I think this is going to be about 50kish round trip.
Excellent goal (Bear Peak) -- something seems natural about climbing something tall from your house.
ReplyDeleteI'm in for the Zack and Back Run 2011! Happy Holidays, brother!
ReplyDeleteCount me in for the bear round trip too.
ReplyDeleteWow. With this much interest maybe I do this for New Years and have all you can eat flap jacks at the finish?
ReplyDeleteYou'll hafta come down and run an out and back from my place to that mountain I get to see everyday!
ReplyDeleteI have NEARLY done that.
ReplyDelete