Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Comin’ Saturday

So I sort of announced this before, but I will be a bit more explicit here.

Saturday I expect to do several laps on Green – with the target being four.  I think this will put me in the ball park around 25 miles, and near 10k vertical feet – so a good long up and down day.  I will take the whole effort at what has become my “ultra pace:” slow, easy and careful.  I expect to take a water, food break every lap at the car.

Current thinking is I will start at sunrise.  This is not a race, not an organized event, is self supported, and if anyone asks I never heard of you and you never heard of me.  Feel free to join me for any one or all of the laps.  Generally speaking, I am thinking this will be about 100 minutes a lap (I am not sure if that is overly or underly conservative).  Given the most laps I have done in one shot is 2, this should make for a good little challenge for me – and serve as my obligatory run of silliness and length for April.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Wish we were back in Colorado to join you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man...with so much trail goodness out there, it's hard to fathom running up the same trail four times in the same day (and devoting precious 400 weekend minutes of running). I get bored running the same trails four times a week! Now, if you're up for a jaunt up Eldo to Walker and a lap or two...then we're talkin'!

    On the other hand, maybe I just exposed my Achilles heel...mental toughness...the ability to persevere in the face of repetitive jaunts up the same mountain.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there are at LEAST four routes up.

    Greg-Ranger
    Greg-Ranger-Greenman
    Gregory-Long-West Green
    Amp-Saddle-Greenman
    Mesa-Bear Canyon (but a bit long for me).

    Then there is two other possibilities mix ups in there(at least)
    2nd Flatiron traverse (w/HCA permit)
    NW traverse (w/HCA permit)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an organized event to me. I'll let the rangers know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm riding my mtn bike up green all four laps wearing only McDavid calf sleeves and my bear 100 buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GZ, I wish I could join you. Haven't taken a day off in over a month and just recorded my first ever 100+ hour work week. PR. Grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Footfeathers - the buckle ought to cover it all up.

    JP - ack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know when you are departing the TH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tim, the calf sleeves are for having a place to tuck it in right...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, thank you, Brett. I'm working on a compression sleeve for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tim - Do compression sleeves have any benefit to muscles you don't use?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ouch, that hurts, Rick.

    They increase circulation in all muscles.

    ReplyDelete