I hit the Alpharetta Greenbelt Trail. Very different than trails in CO ... in the pre dawn darkness this paved sidewalk that went through a dark tunnel of thick forest was a bit eerie. I sort of felt at times I was following the yellow brick road in that scene with the gargoyles. But the forest was rich with smells, sounds of birds waking ... pretty neat stuff as the sun rose and the moon set.
I have a built in down period over the next few days. We'll see if it clears the dead legs up. This month has not led up to a perfect prep for next weekend's 5k, or the 50 miler next month, but so it is.
I grew up in green, hilly Breaking Away-ton (remember that one?) so runs like that would bring back memories.
ReplyDeleteYou may sweat the strategy and goals, but your race results attest to the fact that you get it done. I wouldn't bet against you ;)
Was running Monday night through Capitol Hill in D.C. soaking and breathing in the smells of spring. Seemed like every tiny front yard in front of the row houses were loaded with dogwoods, redbuds and INSERT NAME OF FLOWERING TREE HERE. A real treat to a green-starved Westerner. Back home tonight...
ReplyDeleteUh oh, you could be ripe for the upset at Kohls!
ReplyDelete"This month has not led up to a perfect prep for next weekend's 5k, or the 50 miler next month"
ReplyDeleteI disagree -- I think you're set up very well for the 50M, and you'll PR at that distance!
Seriously, I think you're set up well for it.
I might be free on Sat, April 30th...
ReplyDeletemtnrunner2 - well that is the rub ain't it? Are you getting the BEST results YOU can get? Or are you spending your training buck most efficiently?
ReplyDeleteJim P - I bet the mall is amazing right now. The air can be rich in smell in Colorado, but it is different. More like the pines are going to explode into flames or something.
Mike - I hope to set a 50 PR as it is my first. :)
Brownie - are you gunning for 51? Or will a Brandon show up cause a show down?
Yup, I knew R2R2R was your longest, and CPTR will be significantly easier. Glad to finally meet you, Tim, others at CPTR, and drinks at Eddyline afterward!
ReplyDeleteEddyline? Now you guys are making me want to run CP. But 6:30 AM start? Ack ;)
ReplyDelete