
AM – I thought I’d get out again last night, but nope … work, family, life – just caught up and it ended up being a single short run day. No sweat – when given lemons,
make lemonade. Decided I try to make the best of my rest day by taking advantage and going hard today. Woke up and the wind was pitching pretty good out of the west. No problem, run down wind. 2 mile warm up and then did quarters (west to east for the repeat, 400 jog back up wind for recovery). 77, 76, 75, 77, 75, 76, 75, 73. 7.5 miles total. Could feel the form starting to slide a bit in the second half of the last four.
Oh yeah, I mused on this a bit ago, but figured I ought to give it a try. The PI shoes hurt my oversized Haglund deformed left heel, so I wore the Brook racer ST there. And the Racer ST bugs my PF on my right foot so I wore the PI shoe there. I hardly noticed once I got going actually. Seemed to work. Not sure if I could do this longer term but I really see no reason why not. You can also see that I was being reminded who wanted to come along.
Afternoon ... sigh.

4.5 miles. Easy. About 10 minute miles heading out west and 7 minute miles coming back.
If weight difference becomes an issue, you can always fix it with some of the weights used to balance wheels.
ReplyDeleteI've often wished I could have a different size shoe on each foot, since my right foot is a bit longer, but I finally just decided to go up a 1/2 size.
Some day when we're all living on Moon colonies and flying in hovercraft, we'll also have custom-manufactured running shoes for each foot.
I can't tell you how much I love that photo of the loyal 4-legger. In human language it could be interpreted as complete submission, but anyone who has a 4-legger as part of the family sees unconditional love.
ReplyDeleteNice workout plan in spite of this continual wind GZ! And the photo with the Aussie is priceless ;-)
ReplyDeleteBTW, what is a Haglund....?
Mtnrunner, HappyTrails - yeah, because of my lawn mower accident years ago, the shape of my feet are different. I imagine most folks do have differently shaped feet. I have wondered if the shoe industry will end up catering more to such a niche in the future if they can figure out a good business model around it.
ReplyDeleteHappyTrails, a Haglund deformity is essentially an oversized calcaneous bone that is evident by way of large looking heel protrusion. I have mine specifically from an accident I had as a kid where I got my foot caught in a lawn mower (lost a toe as well - hence, HangNine).
Rick - yeah, I am not completely sold on unconditional love in humans. Dogs - no doubt.
Interesting - knew the part about the Nine, just not the heel...
ReplyDelete