I was thinking this morning that this past month has probably been my most challenged in training over the past couple years. There have been months where I faced injuries, so those have been tough but in those cases - I am facing a different issue with my body.
This month has been a different physics problem with balancing an increase in work (mostly in terms of travel and way too many meetings that required the dreaded hell term "working lunch"), kid activities (which is awesome), other challenges on my time ... There have been some physical issues too.
There have been no outright injuries, but lots of niggles ... a bit of PF in the left foot, the Haglund's being a bit argumentative in the left foot, groin yelling on some days, general lethargy at times ...
In some regards, I have done "okay" with keeping at it, but I also certainly recognize the lack of discipline on my part in some of the consistency, making choices to get into a routine. I go through the gambit of being irked about it - and that being both motivating and de-motivating depending on the mood, to being nonchalant ("hey it is only April") about it. In any case, "Hello New Day."
PM - 6.5 miles, easy.
>"working lunch"
ReplyDeleteYeah, I prefer to get outside if possible and rest the brain, thanks much.
Also not a fan of "brown bags", which translates to spending my personal time trying to focus over the sounds of eating :\
I've been carrying this around in my brain too long thinking I'd mention it, but did you catch Foo Fighters on SNL a couple of weeks ago? They rocked it. The videos WERE on the NBC site but now I can't find 'em. There's this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOR6azduSg
I am coming for you. Closing the YTD gap.
ReplyDelete