- Good snow up here today. Chickened out to the treadmill. 11 miles, 70 minutes. 1.25 mile warm up and then got into 7 x 4 minutes on, 2 minutes off. The "on's" were 5:50 to 5:25 pace, with most of the work coming in the 5:40-45 range. The off's were 7:45 to 8:00 pace. Passed through eight miles in 50:30 at the tail of this. Took a mile breather (57:40) and then did seven strides of 30 seconds each at 5 min pace or faster (each one .1 faster). The strides were easy. I did these on a 2 minute stretch, so 90 seconds of full rest.
- New blog added the side bar blog roll ... JW's Beer of the Week.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Monday 012609 11 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So I was correct on my guess of the wind chill..
ReplyDeleteTreadmill again!? !? Come on dude.. I remember you running in shorts on days like this!
The word verification to post this comment is (seriously) "sucker"...
Would you want to come up for a long run on Sunday with me? Very hilly on dirt roads.. maybe 18 miles?
The gig with me on Sunday is this - we are typically up in the mountains for the next month or so for the kids in ski school. This past Sunday was a bit different as JZ had the Derby. If I don't make the trip there - I am in.
ReplyDeleteyeah... listen to Tim... toughen up. I remember you telling me something about how you guys eat nails or something... toughen up!
ReplyDeletethanks for the link!
oh yeah.. i am getting ready to ride right now.. 43... freezing!
JW - seriously, how many blogs do you follow? Dang!
ReplyDeleteDude.. great workout, you're killin' it!
ReplyDeleteMr. Moya - thanks. I did not feel super during the 4 min intervals but it was in the legs ... not the lungs. Ya' know?
ReplyDeletebeen watching your Boston countdown with interest.
Lucho ... been thinking about the old days of running with shorts. One - that was in 20 degree, not 5. Two ... I have been trying to grow up a little. I am not sure I am succeeding.
43 is definitely shorts weather though if it is dry.
And finally, I have the skins on today under the business outfit.
Super cool! Great work, found you through Elaine's blog ;-)
ReplyDeleteEileen - holy crow, you are one of those crazy tri folks that I scare me in what they do but I am trying to learn from in terms of running. Any suggestions on training are always welcome (although Lucho will tell you appropriately that I am slow on the up take).
ReplyDelete