Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday 012309 3 miles

  • I had aspirations on the front end of the day to get in about an hour, or about 6-8 miles.  I wanted to go a little lighter today because I am planning on running the Fast and Flurious 4 miler tomorrow
  • But it just did not work out that way.  Work spun up (which happens).  Not sweat.  I still had time for my run ... but then I ended up on a call unrelated to work that was ... numbing ("sorry sir, that is not allowed as per our policy." "who can I talk to about that policy?"  "Sir, I can't tell you that because that is not allowed by policy."  "Does that policy seem to be working out in this situation?"  "No sir."  "So shouldn't we try to come up with an approach that works, even if it is outside of the policy, particularly if it makes me the customer happy and it resolves this issue?" "Yes, sir."  "So what do you propose then?"  "Please hold sir." 
  • Now the work day was over and I headed home thinking I could get in 5 or six in the evening but TZ was heading out for the night.  I snuck in 25 minutes (3+ miles) before I bolted back to the house to grab JZ - we needed to get over to the car "impounding" for the Pinewood Derby.
  • All good - I got some in.  Life drives in some natural breaks for me more often than not.  Tomorrow's race ought to be interesting.  I am looking to test to see where I am at, keep the juices flowing, and connect with some of the team mates.  I don't have super high expectations - roll hard and compete.
  • Yesterday when I ran, I think it was in the mid 60s.  Tonight was in the 20s.  No real wind tonight though.

2 comments:

  1. I sort of enjoyed it getting back to cooler temps. Haven't gotten sick of them yet. Makes me feel like Rocky Balboa training in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how things work out to balance parts of life that are taking on too much weight. Good luck tomorrow.
    tl

    ReplyDelete