- Back down from the mountains. I was hoping for some good weather when we got back into town, but as we sailed into the flats, I could see the winds blowing. Whatever. I just need to get over this wind thing.
- Warmed up, a bit w/Lucy and the Frisbee, and tried to shake the car ride from my legs. It was warm (60s) but windy. Continued to warm up after I dropped Lucy off - until 20 minutes. Then did 5 x 4 minutes on, 2 minutes off. It was hard to judge pace - effort in the wind, but I am guessing it was half marathon-10k pace effort. I did three heading up north into the wind and two more back down.
- Recovered about a mile or so and then finished it off with six thirty second strides at 5k, building to mile pace with full recovery time in between. 10 miles, 70 minutes.
- It felt good to get a timed workout going outdoors, rather than doing it exclusively on the mill. The effort was not a killer, but it is clear that I am not completely used to this stuff yet.
- I checked my resting HR this AM up in the mountains. It was 52 the first minute I checked it, and 48 the last. So we will cal that 50. I think (although I need to recheck tomorrow AM) that is about six beats higher than down here at home.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Monday 011909 10 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad to hear you guys are starting to see some of this warm weather.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how new it is or not (can't remember) but the quote on you header is killer.
who said that?
Ah, it will get cold again. Whatever. Can't control the weather. Can control what I do about it.
ReplyDeleteTeddy Roosevelt. http://www.theodore-roosevelt.com/trsorbonnespeech.html