- Got out with intentions of a 4 mile tempo run. The wind was pushing out of the west, and so after a mile warm up (7:04) heading east, I began the fight up wind and west. 6:18 for mile one was okay. I then got into the Westminster Hills dog park and started the climb. And then I got mugged. A dog charged into me. It was not big deal - as I did not get hurt (and the owner was all apologetic, but I just wanted to get going again), but 30 seconds I could tell my pace was all jacked. I kept trying to settle and just roll with it but I could tell it had mucked the workout some. 6:56. I was a bit tweaked now but I figured I just relax and keep on running. If that was easy, okay ... if it was hard, okay ... if it was fartlek, sigh, okay. 7:01, 6:59. I started to get my groove back a bit and my legs came back a bit more so I began to get back into the tempo groove. 6:24, 6:21. 6:16. Hardly stellar but a solid run. Cooled down with a 3 mile warm down 7:35, 7:38, 7:03. 11 miles, 75:35, with ~800+ feet of climbing.
- I debated whether to let this workout go when it went south with the dog crash. But I did not want to. I don't want to have all my workouts become this thing that require perfection in the environment every time. Stuff happens. I can't control that ... I need to control how I react to it.
- This site looks to have good interviews (podcasts) with Daniels, Noakes and many others.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Wednesday 012109 11 miles
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment