Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday 041511

Thursday after the work day I was thrashed and actually felt lethargic, tired and had a headache.  It had been a busy work week, made difficult further with a crashed PC. 

Nonetheless, I felt compelled to run.  I figured I’d get running in during JZ’s baseball practice / KZ’s practice, but I scratched on that.  I sat and watched JZ work his batting for a bit, and then headed over to watch some of KZ’s drills.  Then we went home, I ate and went to bed. 

I often feel when I don’t feel like running, that is some of the best time for me to run – because it actually makes me feel better.  But sometimes I probably ought not to run.  And then I spiral a bit.  I don’t feel like running, I am tired, I don’t run, and I actually feel worse and get more tired … it is sort of like its own negative feedback loop where lethargy begets lethargy.  The opposite can hold true as well – I can feel good, train to exhaustion and feel awesome shortly afterwards and want to get after it again.  Training begets training.  A break in my consistency is probably good for my body, but less so for the muscle on the top of my neck … running provides a space time for me that is its own drug.

In any case, I got out today, and felt bit more rejuvenated.  Even though I am planning to get an attempt on for four laps 'o’Green tomorrow, I elected for a bigger easy day today – specifically to get back to back volume days.  And, well since the opportunity presented itself.  20 miles easy.

Phil joined me for the second half, which was – as is always the case – enjoyable.  Phil and I being nearly the same age, and been at the game for a bit can enjoy each other’s grumpy old man-nature and share some fun stories.  It was windy.

image

5 comments:

  1. "20 miles easy"

    Now there's an oxymoron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He'll pay for it tomorrow, Brett, when I'm lapping him on Green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Footfeathers - if you are gonna bust it, then you might lap me. It is more about time on the feet and a good time for me. I will be there for a 7AM start with goodies in the car for later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck, I'll be crawling after 15 mins. See you a bit before 7.

    ReplyDelete