Apparently Bill Lee, the guy I worked with last year in burro racing, is in IC after getting rolled under one of his own vehicles.
Earlier this year I was contemplating a trip to the Grand Canyon next weekend. I am not doing that but am interested in doing a long day. Kicking around doing a bunch of laps on Green - like five? (maybe four when I start thinking about it), starting before dawn, and hitting a variety of routes, with the benefit of having an aid station at the car. More to come on this.
Earlier this week I had thought I might do the local 5k here in town (Shorter 5k) but I scratched that after the double Green on Friday. A race day registration of 35 bucks really scared me off. Sheesh.
Last night I could feel that I pushed the edge a bit on Friday. I ought to have backed off the volume on Saturday, but KZ wanted to bike a bit more - so rather than go to hell for denying time with my daughter on the bike I did a bit more. I should have got on a bike myself.
But all that said, I felt pretty good this AM. The legs were a bit heavy, but I had a good night sleep. I decided I'd go check out the Kohl Elementary 5k course (KML file). I have been getting at this every couple of weeks. Kept things in tempo check this AM, it went pretty well (right around 6:10 average pace). 8 miles on the day.
Last two weeks have been a fail on the hour of alternative exercise. Decent week on whole, as I got my largest vertical day yet this year and a decent session of turnover on Tuesday. Miles were a bit low, but given that Monday was only 3 miles, I made up okay. All that said, the session on Green on Friday was revealing to me that I have quite a few chinks in the armor that I could be working on.
I am going to try to continue to strike this balance between turnover, a mountain once a week, and consistent mileage. I am making some ground with the turnover stuff. I can see that I have some hill work to do (but feel confident that will come) and the long run stuff (probably along with a mountain run), but will probably keep a really long run to something like once a month - mostly just goofing off.
PM -4 very easy miles to the library and back with the hobo pirate stabbers.
Week = 77 miles, 11.75 hours, 6680 vertical
April = 110 miles, 16.75 hours, 10040 vertical
2011 = 1032 miles, 153 hours, and 77.8 k vertical
April = 110 miles, 16.75 hours, 10040 vertical
2011 = 1032 miles, 153 hours, and 77.8 k vertical
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLet's sync up on a mountain run.
ReplyDeleteI see they are taking donations for burro Bill. I don't know anything about farm animals other than to stay away from the back end, can't help there.
ReplyDeleteI'd love to run myself ragged on Green this weekend but it's probably the last thing my foot needs. Really starting to tick me off.
Seeking more vert lately eh?
trying. It is about time.
ReplyDeleteI want to come out and join you one of these mornings for a cruise around the Kohl Elementary 5K course. Maybe next week (not tuesday since I'll be in Boston) or the Tuesday morning the week of the race to do some type of workout on the course. What do you say?
ReplyDeleteAaron - I will contact you off line.
ReplyDelete