AM - Aaron headed to the east country to check out the Kohl Elementary 5k course (on the fence at this moment if I race this effort or if I run it specifically with one of my kids). It served as a good motivator for me to get up and get it done early (which I need to get into the habit of this year - particularly since the sun rise / sunset is now 6:07, 7:49). As the course swings about a 1/3 of a mile from my front door, I had no excuse to skip this. So after I drove there (just kidding ...).
We jogged the course once and then did some strides on the second time around and then tacked on a bit to round it out. 11 miles. Aaron's got a pretty good shot at PRing this weekend, and breaking 17 so I am stoked for him.
Awesome writing by Mr. Reavis.
Insightful post from Matt Fitzgerald on the differences on US vs. East African race approaches.
I may have shredded my vocal cords singing "Walk" tonight with FF.
Run it with your kid! If I could get a victory over you and Fuller in the same race I could retire...
ReplyDeleteNice running with you this am, thanks again for the guided tour. Felt good to be done with a workout by 7:30 am actually, looking forward to more of that as it keeps warming up.
ReplyDeleteBrownie - you think you beat my 10 year old if I am pacing him? I am not sure about that.
ReplyDeleteAaron ... it was nice to get it done. Thanks for coming east.
We all know you're not going to risk your "KFD" title by running with your kids. In fact, I heard you're going to hold them all back a year so you can keep the title even longer.
ReplyDelete