Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday 100711

Green Mountain via the middle route.  A bit tired from yesterday, but 44:30 up (PR is low 43).  Took Bear Canyon down but this is the only bear I saw.
IMG-20111007-00933
But there was other wildlife out there
IMG-20111007-00932 
The Mesa is still probably my favorite trail because you get so many opportunities to shoot off into some great stuff, and there are some great views along it.
IMG-20111007-00934 IMG-20111007-00935

10 miles.

Winter is coming … (love these shots of the Barr Trail in autumn, winter).

Apparently running around in a weight vest when you are an Iranian can get the police to stop you.

6 comments:

  1. Now that is funny. I think I would always wear the vest everytime I went to a new city and start keeping track of how each city responds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weight vest: Surprise? Guy needs to check himself out in a mirror before leaving the house next time. Also sad that it's come to that.

    Winter for sure. It's going to be damned cold and snowy to the west tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GZ..I always look to your blog for the best links of stuff to read. You missed this one though...

    http://draftmag.com/beerrunner/365/

    Being a streaker who loves beer I was particularly interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos GZ - I have almost that identical perspective of Mesa in the archives. Glad you enjoyed a sunny day out - looks like it will disappear for a few....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too dig Mesa. So much variety depending on which way you want to turn. Up skunk from works parking lot (NOAA) to mesa then down Kohler is my favorite little 4mi work loop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, the guy in the weight vest did look like a swat team member at the least.

    Derrick - that is flipping awesome. I am seriously tempted.

    HappyTrails - oh it disappeared all right. I felt it up close and personal while out in a tent with the scouts.

    Rob - that is a great loop. I have come to enjoy some of the stuff out of the South Boulder Creek Trail head off 93.

    ReplyDelete