My paranoid conspiracy gene has me thinking maybe he is not dead.
Some skinny fast kid in this photo shoot.
I have been thinking about weight, but not enough to do much about it. Of course a few IPAs in the bag last night, I stumble across this.
Did the quarters again. Bob joined me. Well, sort of. He joined me for the warm up and cool down. Pretty much outside of that, I just watched him from a distance. Winds were pretty strong (15-20) out of the south and west. Bob tried to set me up to draft, but I was not strong enough to take advantage.
The winds screwed up any sort of comparison of times from week over week. But frankly the wind may have given me a good excuse. I might have been a bit flat today, coming from a workout on Tuesday, going a bit more than I should have yesterday (miles, faster), and then enjoying a couple more beverages than I should have last night. The brew and the big bowl of pesto pasta set me up for less than ideal night of sleep, so the work was sabotaged from the get go (by yours truly). Not sure if they would have been faster than last week but, well, the wind gave me a nice excuse. We did manage to finish the workout before the football team took over the field. 10 miles.
There are definitely a couple of bodies in that shoot that I want.
ReplyDeleteWho's your fave in the photo shoot? Hope Solo for me.
ReplyDeleteKinda digging Natasha Hastings too.
ReplyDeleteThe weight calculator was interesting. According to the site, if I lose four pounds I can drop over 10 minutes off my 8:58 from the Run Rabbit Run 50, all other things being equal. I wonder...
ReplyDeleteBelen Mozo looks hot. Never heard of her but who cares.
ReplyDeleteOn the photo shoot, I found it interesting how different the bodies are. Ohno's thighs are MONSTROUS.
ReplyDeleteMaybe, along the lines of doing a video that is a spoof of KJB's downhill running, we also do a spoof of bodies you don't want. Justin seems to be quite grossed out every time he sees my bared hairy man shirt.
Jim - I have generally heard a rule of thumb of 2 seconds per mile per pound (of course to some appropriate end). That seems about right on the 5k calcs I did.
Footfeathers on a balance beam. JT on a bar stool. Justin "watering" his lawn.
ReplyDeleteIf I only lost 100lbs, I could be fast!
ReplyDelete"Never heard of her but who cares" - haha, that cracks me up.
ReplyDeleteSteven Jackson's photo scares me.
You have the best links!!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to pretend all the stupid core work I do is going to eventually make me look like Gretchen. Or apparently it's Belen's bod I should seek. Of course, your weight chart is pretty much laughing at me. A year off with an injury SUCKS!
ESPN has been doing a great job with these type of photo shoots over the past few years.
ReplyDeleteRegarding your paranoid comment about Steve, trust me, Apple and he are worth much more with him alive; no gain in his death. The guy had 100x the vision and charisma of anyone in the industry. Now, if we were talking about Microsoft...
ReplyDeleteFootfeathers - you are the closest I have been to anyone at Apple, so I will take your word on that.
ReplyDeleteJill, Jaime - these are pretty cool shots but I think ... well, that they are not quite showing the whole picture, right? I mean we see the end result there of miles run or weights lifted or time on a balance beam. They don't show (directly) all the time, sweat, etc to get there. That would make for quite a photo album.
GZ et al, yea I think its real: http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/26/steve-jobs-apple-photo-resignation-ceo-sick/158/
ReplyDeleteWell, jack ass comment on my part. I guess I was pointing out more than anything that my head went there. Truly sad that a DaVinci of our time has passed on.
ReplyDeleteno need to apologize GZ, i went there in my head for a second with Jobs too. If anything, it's a testament to his iconic stature. Name me another CEO who gets referred to in the same breath as Elvis!
ReplyDelete