Monday, October 17, 2011

Some shots from Boulder 100

Some shots, and video from the weekend.

Some vid from JV before sunset.


IMG_1847IMG_1849 
Some evening shots from Bob.
Pacer prep includes a brew:
254
Lucho and Bob – and yes, he is that ghostly white in real life.
255

JT gets ready to head out with me on the “three laps to go” lap.  I have soup from the aid station
  258 

Finishing up, trying to beat 7AM, and the sun up.
 259 263
A nice sized reward on the Hang Nine foot that I had no idea was brewing.
268

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff GZ, glad you finished and did well, but I must say, I'm not surprised you did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics and video.

    Pretty crazy running all the way through to a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GZ for UROY! Hell, Nick is a candidate with his 3rd place hundred mile finishes, but you've never placed lower than second!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats George! Very few are able to experience what you've just experienced (of course, some would say that's a good thing!). Enjoy a few days off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you! Very proud of you and your tenacity to never give up. Can't wait for the report!! Hope you're enjoying your day today, as best you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gizza, this one little post has me more psyched to run a 100-miler than anything i've read in the past year. Thank you! I eagerly await the full report.

    -Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rick - thanks for the kind words. Although for what it is worth, it was not a stellar performance ... more of a slow grinding down with a 8:30ish first 50 and a second 50 closer to 13 and a half.

    Mtnrunner2 (I will still use that handle even though I want to use your name) - thanks for being out there man. Sorry I was as far away as possible each time.

    Brownie - thanks for all your help and going for a 7 mile walk with me. I was going to make the case for UROY had I won.

    Phil - I'd pretty much agree with that. These are not something I would recommend.

    Jill - thanks! Hope we get to share some running. I'd say soon, but I can't say that ... maybe next month.

    Pat - I think the prelude comments that I got from Tony, Lucho, Footfeathers, others - that is awesome stuff to really internalize as you get ready for your 100.

    ReplyDelete