Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday 103111

Got the link to this article from Ward (regarding altitude).

KJ talks about how much he eats and drinks during an ultra.  13L of H20 at WS100, but only 5 at UTMB.

Roes hints he may be done at Western.

Want to improve?  Run with a bow.  That terrain is pretty bad ass.

10 miles.  I felt good – best I have since the 100.  I upped this to steady over the run, effectively turning it into an out and back run with the back as a tempo effort.  Nothing real zippy but faster than I have in a bit.  Gorgeous day but the winds picked up on the way back.

2 comments:

  1. Must feel good to get back to it and feel like things are "clicking". And I don't mean tendons :)

    Haven't run with a bow, but I ran solo with a hefty sharpened pine bough like some sort of caveman, after I heard wolves near Aspen (a couple of years ago)!

    Never had a confirm on the wolves, meant to stop by Sopris ranger office. But I know coyotes pretty well, and those deep, lonesome howls were different. The whole valley was echoing with them, and I was the only human around until later in the morning. Freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel good to get back a bit.

    I have run solo at night in those hills west of Boulder and have freaked myself out ... convinced that a mtn lion is around every turn.

    ReplyDelete