Monday, October 31, 2011

Uh oh

I have lamented about Pikes and Leadville being the same weekend (most times).  Maybe I was not lamenting really as much as I was thankful – as it gave me an excuse.

But now … there may be no excuseComing in 2012 - Get a taste of the dirt and grit that makes up the Leadville Trail 100 Run. The team who compiles the most miles in a 12- or 24-hour period wins their division and invaluable bragging rights. Solo racers can also get a chance to race for the coveted Silver or Gold Leadville belt buckle. Giddyup.   September 1-2.

13 comments:

  1. Wonder what part of the course it will be on. If they do 24 hours of Hope Pass I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think we can get Sandu on the Leadville team?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Team event? I might be talked into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solo racers can also get a chance to race for the coveted Silver or Gold Leadville belt buckle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. One might suspect it would likely be on the bike course which runs the following week: more closer-to-town stuff by the college.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Justin- Would that be Constantin Sandu the Romanian pianist or Gabriel Sandu the Romanian economist and politician? I'll be they both suck at running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Sandu: http://www.augustana.edu/x12877.xml

    Was out here in Boulder for a few years as part of the Army's WCAP, trained under Arturro. Good guy. You might have bumped into him at the Lafayette Rec Center as he trained there for a bit too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm pretty sure Justin meant Gabriel Sandu the economist...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inside joke.

    But that Gabriel Sandu is one bad mofo when it comes to economics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As a solo racer, a chance to race for the coveted Silver or Gold Leadville belt buckle?

    After Pikes Peak?

    I might be up for some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Then again Karl may have a 100 in Steamboat.

    ReplyDelete