Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday 041811

AM - Alpharetta's Windward Parkway. I can't quite remember exactly when I was here last but it has to have been a couple of years. 7 miles. Holy green-ness. And wow on the air. HR was dragging low once I warmed up. Took sub sevens to bring it up to 150.

Wow. Boston, typically known as a slow course because of its hills in the middle post its rocket downhill start gets a miracle day with the tailwind, and runners primed – and is now the fastest course ever on the planet. Who would have thunk it? London, Berlin and Rotterdam have all be vying for that spot. Nobody would have guessed it would go to Boston. So now we deal with the game of fastest recorded marathon (much like a wind aided 100) versus the actual WR.

PM - a bit challenged to squeeze this one in, but got it - 7 miles steady.

5 comments:

  1. That 2:03 at Boston is so stinkin' fast I need to break it down a little to even begin to try and understand what that is.
    So, that's an average pace of 4:41/mile. Nope, still can't relate. A 4:41 mile is a 29:10 10k. Nope, I still don't have a clue. So, that would be like running 29:10 back to back to back to back, then a few more KM's. Ok, now I'm worse off than when I started. I guess I'll have to go to the track and run one :70 400 and try to imagine what it would feel like to do that 105 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are still amongst a rare breed. Think about what percent of males over the age of 16 and under the age of 50 that could not run that 400 in 70 seconds.

    Or at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might be one if them. Not so sure I could run a :70 right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I was actually thinking that when you posted that. Then I thought - well, 35 for 200.

    Maaaaaybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I know I can run a :17 100 ;-)

    ReplyDelete