Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thursday 040711

Mock article - nice read.

Good Jay Johnson interview

AM - dog jog. These start almost ridiculously slow ... which I am fine with. As the mile start to unravel, the legs wake up and I get to just under 8 pace. My left knee seemed a bit irked this AM - that might be an outcome from two different shoes the other day?

Goals for April are going to have to be around getting in a balance of family, work, and in running a mix of the turn over workout, the hill workout, a long run and filling in the other space with easy exercise. Not what I thought April would be - I thought it would be a month where I could crank vertical or miles or time, but it is shaping up to be what April is.

PM - 7 miles.

5 comments:

  1. Mock : "My training partners were a ragtag group--a few high-schoolers, aging coworkers, and a guy with just nine toes--but these friends kept me honest through the Colorado winter."

    Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you on the mountain this morning! Its not too late to turn april around you know...we're only 7 days in. Plus, we need to hook up for some tuesday prep work for April 30. We could meet at Monarch sometime if that helps with your schedule. Plus its getting lighter earlier, so we can even bump up the time if we need to. (Notice how I'm not leaving you any excuses? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick - yeah, good stuff.

    Aaron - yeah, I will find a way to dial in the Thursday morning stuff ... but at the same time I need to be respectful of sleep. :) No excuses bud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. phew...i'm glad you won't be taking me up on starting earlier! I was about to reneg on that offer after coming to my senses actually.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Read the Mock article in my hardcopy of RT. Immediately thought of you with the nine toes line. I have a similar profile to Justin so found the article hopeful.

    ReplyDelete