Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Wednesday 040611

Justin’s continuing his good MUT writing over at RT.

NY Times does a bit of coverage on Fat Ass events.

AM – slept in.

I don’t talk a lot about my work here, in part because this is a training blog about running, in part it would probably be boring, and I suspect I’d say something stupid that would set me up for all sorts of problems. That said, I will say this: the team I work with is an amazing group of intelligent, thoughtful, fun people. Most of them are out here this week (coming from lots of different places) and we had them over last night for dinner (did Mexican – easy to make, liked by almost everyone, and allows each person to make their plate as they want it really). I was realizing again how fortunate I am to work with this crew. I know these sorts of things don’t last forever and are probably not easy to stumble upon. I want to capture this time, or at least the culture of it in my head so that I can recall it when I don’t have it.

Been listening to the FooFighters upcoming release (Wasting Light) but have dipped into the archives by going back to Aimee Mann's "Lost in Space." I find that I am drawn to singers like Aimee and Billy Corgan a bit, who have that droning flighty sort of voice, but then I get sort of fed up with it after listening to it for a few weeks. Her lyrics are pretty awesome on this album though.

Mid day - 5 miles, easy. Felt good in the legs, but more generally felt a bit crappy. Probably too much Happy Camper last night.

More Masters USTAF drug testing awareness webinars.

Evening - very much fried from a long day in the office. April is gonna be a lot of this. There will be some days that I throw in the towel ... but ... today ... was ... not ... that... day. A very easy seven miles. Very easy.

5 comments:

  1. Ah yes. Life is fleeting. You are fortunate to have "working conditions" that you truly enjoy. Most folks don't get to say that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lucky, never really had any of the work nightmares some describe. Current team members are totally solid, smart and dedicated.

    Lost in Space is one of the best albums I've ever heard in any genre (in spite of Mann's epic level of gloominess). Amazing songwriting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sean - Happy Birthday (belated). Fitness is fleeting ...

    Mtnrunner - yeah those songs are incredibly well written, but I can only listen to it so long before I want to carve my own eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GZ - Finally read the Fat Ass article; good read. Now that I've got a bit of confidence at longer distances, I'll plan on hitting one in the future.

    So the dog in the photo is an Aussie? You ever attend a Highland Games? Sometimes they have herding competitions, mostly Aussies. Pretty impressive.

    Maybe Lucho should compete in the caber toss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - she is an Aussie. Not so much a herder though. She has done some agility, and she is pretty dang good at the frisbee catch if I throw it well.

    ReplyDelete