Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday 102411

Mid day:  crazy gorgeous out.  6 miles.  Seriously – was 80 plus degrees out there.  Apparently we get six inches of snow tomorrow.  Eh.  Off to Reno later this week so I will miss a good chunk of the cold.

The vertical hounds will love this (and I think Brett will too).  Got it from JV.

I can tell from this 60 second video why Kilian beat Marco.

Did about 25 minutes in the office gym in the afternoon – all upper body stuff and abs (absolutely no legs).  I am pretty weak up there right now so this is about all I can get before being fairly thrashed. 

Checking out Lucho’s latest podcast.

7 comments:

  1. Jesus, my knees hurt just watching for 1 minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fastest ever descent from this guy (fourth), and he is moving: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZ857u3N2U&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool video. Couldn't resist taking out my watch and timing it. I did it 3 times and seems to be almost a :04 difference, :20.4 and :16.5. That would be about :12/minute and maybe a minute/mile I guess. He must have swallowed him up shortly after this footage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're coming to Reno? That's where I live. Happy to hook up for a run if schedules permit (I might actually keep up with you in your post-100 state) or suggest a couple of scenic runs (trail or pavement).

    Feel free to contact me through my blog www.consistencywins.com or twitter @consistencywins.

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wednesday would be a powder day for sure, but my boss doesn't get that whole thing. What do you mean I have to ask off weeks in advance to ski??

    The way Kilian was running, you'd think he knows what he's doing. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am trying to put those stairs into some sort of local perspective. Maybe the front side of Green down Amp? Or Fern (although it does not have stairs).

    Nick - good find. I can see the spine slowly compressing.

    Rick - what did you time Nick's find at?

    Brett - did you dig the podcast where you were mentioned?

    Ken - sweet. Looking forward to sharing some strides with you but you will need to go gentle on me.

    Mtnrunner2 ... well, you could just get "sick."

    ReplyDelete