10 miles. MAF’d it out on the way out for five miles, and was surprised to see the pace was averaging around 7:20s. Picked it up to steady (umm, tempo but not really hard?) back around 6:40s, and brought the last mile to 6:20 to nudge it under 70 minutes for the ten. Felt great … like I could keep on going. Effort was steady, controlled, and … happy? Weather was perfect. I think Kevin T recently wrote something like cooler weather is like instant fitness. Amen to that. 70 miles on the week. 2 decent workouts, a Green episode, a steady run today. No gym work though. Still a bit heavier (lbs) than usual, but I am okay with that. For now.
Lots of racing to read about from yesterday and today, but I am way behind coming out of a weekend of Scout camping. But right now - there is this Foo Fighter thing with the dude that my daughter thinks is the guy with the belt buckle problem.
Derrick put up this cool streak in the comments the other day.
Interesting read on signs of overtraining.
Pete Magill considering PED’s in Masters competition versus the use of regular prescriptions.
Fine, I won't wear it. Happy!?!?!
ReplyDeleteHey - she ain't coming to the show. Wear what you want.
ReplyDeleteSweet job on the 10, and excellent mileage for the week! I ran a 6:20 miles once. Just one.
ReplyDeleteThe link re PEDs in masters events is great. I met Kathy Jager at Masters Worlds this year and wow, what a story! What is acceptable, what is cheating? Where's the line?
ReplyDeleteEric
ultrarunnerpodcast.com
Jill - mile times are ALL relative! Anytime I get a bit big headed and think I am faster, I remind myself that the recent Berlin WR marathon was 70 second quarters for 2 hours.
ReplyDeleteWith no rest.
That is insane.
Eric - yeah, it is a line that WE as people draw. And it is tough to figure out ... (the Semenya case comes to mind)