Good article on Canova compared to Lydiard.
Slept meh last night. Not surprising. Woke up and had the typical residual arm soreness that no races other than Pikes seem to give me.
So in 2013, we have a handle on the PED problem in athletics when 80 percent of the fastest sprinters ever have been busted for them? Of course, the fans of athletics and cycling will cry that they get the dirty sport moniker because the big sports don’t test like they do. If you ain’t questioning Bolt at this point, you have your head in the sand.
6.8 miles easy – just working out the kinks from yesterday. Not a lot of soreness, but some from the pounding.
David R’s race report from yesterday … entertaining as you’d expect.
Oh, despite what is said in this video, not all of the top ten came away bloodied.
One of those travel days … supposed to get to Vancouver via SLC today. I typically fly Delta and got notice that I got the complimentary bump upgrade to first class. Nice. Weather blew into DIA however, and the inbound plane was circling – and then needed to divert to Cheyenne. So a delay, and longer than my connection in SLC. Delta sent me to United (with whom I have no significant status) and I am off to a center seat near the can. Ah well.
This is pretty funny. And good.
Almost split heaven from the BTMR from yesterday. Fifth fastest down out there yesterday (again, I think showing some of the field thin-ness). I also think that some of the younger guys tend to cruise the drop. I don’t say that with any negative judgment really but I saw it yesterday. The guy who finished just a bit ahead of me was just jogging until he saw me just above No Name. He put the burners on just enough to keep me at bay. I also noticed some of the guys coming down before me seemed pretty casual (although not the first leaders). That said, the 16 year old kid seemed to push it.
That Science of Running link seems very refreshing, smart. Why hasn't that kind of tracking been done? And is it too late, the system too old, stubborn? I think there are a lot of people who don't care what athletes do. A lot of us do, but a lot of us don't (seems to me).
ReplyDelete... probably a case of following the $, eh?
DeleteI actually have some degree of respect for those who say "allow anything." It is not my stance, but I can see how some come to that conclusion.