Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday 072313

image

I am going to be at Burro Days this Sunday (and on Saturday at BSA facility Peaceful Valley overseeing Scouts making up summer camp work they missed due to our Black Forest fire evacuation) but if I was not there, I’d probably be seriously considering this local XC race (also a related Sandrock article).  While clearly my focus is that little hill to the south for the next month, my mind has wandered to what is next after that.  As is always the case, I contemplate the 100 (particularly the Boulder one).   RRR comes to mind as well, but I might be in Ireland at that time (aww).  But I also know how damaging 100s are (based on my one go at it)(and because “One hundred miles is a long-ass way to run”), and so I am more interested (for now) in taking some down time, then prepping for USATF cross in Boulder February.  It could be fun (actually probably painful) to get a group of grumpy old men to run in the masters race.  I might have half a chance against Sweeney in the mud.  The down side of this is of course having to up USATF membership fees in addition to race fees.

Pretty awesome vacation by Schlarb.

BTMR has its results database updated to include the 2013 results.

Interesting conversations with KZ about a car.  She sort of does not want a car because she does not think she needs a car.  I can see that perspective, particularly since her parents have cabbed her around for the last decade and a half.  She sees the cost of a car as a problem that she does not want to deal with.  It is certainly a different mindset than what I had as a kid.  I wanted a car because I needed to get places … because I wanted to be there.  There was cost with that, but I saw it as worth it.  Should be fun to see how this plays out.

image

Mid day – 8 miles.  Started easy, rolled it up a touch and then threw in some 1 minute strides towards the end.  Hot again.  Hit the best pull up bar in the world for 10.

 IMG_0994

4 comments:

  1. While I still lack energy at times, I can tell you that the body does recover remarkably better the second time through 100 miles (same has been true for me at each new "ultra" distance)... although it took me 4 tries for that second finish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate pull-ups, but that view could get me to love em.

    ReplyDelete