Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday 070313

Green 42 this AM.   About a 20 minute warm up and the 5 minutes on, 90 seconds off up the middle route.  Pushed the 5 minute repeats and then walking the 90 seconds to recover.  I was going to do six of these, but I lost count and ended up doing seven.  This brought me a touch shy of the summit, coming up on the third switch back below the summit.

image

Was hitting 170-174 on all of these and had that nice mushy concrete leg feeling.  About 48 and change on the up with the walks in there.

Was screwing around on the down when Johannes rolled me up.  I let him pass, but then I parked on him for a bit and then we started conversing.  Good to catch up.  Had to ditch the HR monitor on the down as it kept sliding down my torso and eventually off. 

9.3 miles on a beautiful morning.  Just under seven weeks to race day. 

Apparently the week before Pikes, they are going to have a mile race up on the summit.  It sounds like they will keep the event flat up there, but still – running around at 14k feet as hard as you can for an all out mile makes root canals sound fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment