Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday 071113

Good luck to all Hardrockers, Silver Rush and BTMRs this weekend.  Be sure to channel your inner Chuck Norris.

To further inspire, a 1500 meter race from 1977 where they take it out in 56 (!) (and making it look like 80), and then Ovett has a kick that “tears the field asunder.”

Ovett’s move at 200 to go is sick.  Walker (sporting the Oceania jersey of all things) steps off the track about 3 seconds after it starts.  Wow.

Time to get a little rest in before this weekend’s race.  4.3 miles easy today.  95 degrees so I was curious as to how that would impact HR.  I did loops on the outside of the track.  The blue line is pace, the red is HR.  You can see how the pace slowed at the fix HR over the run as I “warmed up.”

image image

Been eyeballing the Masters USATF results.  A 71 year old guy ran a 41 10k.  Dayum.  Sort of mind boggling to think in a dozen years I will be pressed to break 20 for a 5k.

3 comments:

  1. I'd better not get any ideas running through my head after watching the video; I don't need to kill myself 1500m into SR :).

    Registration isn't close, you can still sign up for SR. You could drag my sorry butt along and use it as a training run. Or rather training power hike. Or rather training slug-fest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jill - I got a little date down on the Barr Trail on Sunday. You going to do great!

      Delete
    2. And according to this, registration is closed: http://www.leadvilleraceseries.com/page/show/312299-silver-rush-50-mile-trail-run-race

      Delete