Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday 070713

AM – got an earlier start today.  Jogged down to Mosquito Pass Road, hoping to clear the cobwebs in my legs but they never seemed to shake.  Tried to keep a steady effort through, but never felt great or really able to get deeply after it.  Not surprising I guess with the altitude, and the work yesterday.  It turned out that the bridge turn on the way out to the upper London Mine was about 9 miles.  Given this is where the road gets both rough and very wet, I decided to turn back at this point.  Just prior to 14 miles the Garmin died (dang backlight issue is making the watch die around 2 hours now).  I turned to the Iphone/Strava as an alternative.  Good slog back up out of Rte 9 up to the casa to finish it off at just over 18.

Week was 82.5 miles, 9470 vertical of climb over 13 hours.  A bit shy of what I wanted … but it is.

Got back, grabbed a few oatmeal flap jacks and then we went for a hike out of Hoosier Pass.  JZ nabbed another geocache.

IMG_0960IMG_0968  IMG_0972

No comments:

Post a Comment