Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tuesday 071613

AM – Vancouver.  I got impatient waiting for the GPS to dial satellites in so I just headed out for 18 minutes and then came back.  I had 2.35 miles for the return so 4.7 miles easy.   AHR was 146, max was 150 and was floating at 7:30 pace.  Arms are still a touch sore (inside of elbow) and there is a bit of left over stuff up in my glutes but everything is clearing out okay.  Oh yeah … FLAT.  12 feet of climb over the run.  That might be the curbs.

5 weeks until race day.  This week will be a bit different as I am at sea level, traveling and recovering from BTMR.  Totally confident in the direction of my fitness with Lucho’s guidance and oversight.  Increasingly the focus needs to be split between recovery and key workouts.

Apparently the PAC 12 XC championships will be at the Coal Creek Golf Course this fall (November 2).  When asked why it was not a Buff Ranch, Wetmore states that it would “be too difficult” for the other schools (about 3 minutes in).   A Wetmore interview never fails to disappoint as his subtle but biting quips entertain.

Evening – 5 miles along the water.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment