Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday 061514

Sunday – kids got off to camp and so I had a bit of time to get out for a run.  I thought 20 would be a good number as I have not done a lot of bigger distance runs for me this season, but after 16 miles and two hours – I was pretty parched and getting messed up.  12 miles I was fine.  13 I was thirsty.  And then I wilted, became a raisin and was ready to get blown away like a tumble weed.  Stupid move.  I chose not to bring any water on the way out the door as it was a bit cloudy, and I thought I could navigate to some fountains along the way.  No fountains found. And then the sun came out.  Gee, funny how that happens.  It was not super hot or anything but it was enough.   TZ saved me, I quenched up and got back out.  4.2 more to round it out.

Oh yeah, additionally I got attacked by a flying red wing black bird along Big Dry Creek. At first I thought some one I knew had come up and gave my hair a tug, but when I looked back a bird was there coming back at my head.  Weird.  No significant damage to my crown but the family thinks it is all a part of me trying to become Radagast the Brown with my hair now.

JZ heading off this AM (we took him to breakfast at a local place before he headed out)IMG_5786IMG_5800   

72.7 miles on the week.  Odd week … some climbing with the Grouse efforts.  Nearly everything else was flat and short.  Day off on Saturday because of some travel tiredness.  No legs for anything particularly zippy this week.  Not sure how the mile on Thursday will play out at the BRR meet but … based on last time I will look to be better than 5:20, and most of all look to not crap out on the third lap (so maybe the fourth this time).

Few more pix from Grouse with Geoff.  Read the sign carefully.  You could DIE.photo 1
Geoff is actually hunching down in this shot and I am on my tip toes.photo 2
I decided getting up a tree would be a faster way.
photo 3

Catching up on weekend reports and stuff.  Looks like Leadman is the real deal now.  We even have some good smack talk.

image

6 comments:

  1. Bird must've thought it had found something good to build a nest with.

    What happened to your blog roll on the right? It was a nice clearinghouse for interesting stuff to check out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh. I thought perhaps there was little use of that and I removed it. I will update the OPML file and get it back up later this week.

      Delete
  2. +1 on the blog roll. I got used to using this blog as kind of a window into the MUT scene. Looking forward to seeing it again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added the part back, but I think it is jacked.

    Basically I don't use that part to navigate to anything. I use Outlook as my RSS reader. I exported all my feeds from that to OPML ... well at least the running related ones (my feeds have a bunch of other stuff in it, work related, etc) ... and have been looking for a way to import those into the blog reader widget. I am not seeing a way to do that with Google Reader now being gone ... it looks like I would need to add a single feed at a time. Ugh. So, I will keep plugging at it. If you see a feed that ought to not be in there or that you think should be in there, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, hopefully its not too much of a pain in the ass. It looks a bit different, but I'm not necessarily looking for a specific blog over there, its just nice to put your efforts of scouring the blogosphere to my own lazy use.

    I suppose I should figure out a way to stay updated on the blogs I like without someone else doing the legwork, but you make it too easy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is no hassle to put it up. I'd like it to be right though and I don't think all the running related feeds I normally browse are there. If you want, I can forward you the OPML file and you could use that in a feedly or something equivalent.

      Delete