KZ was conversing with me about some of her recent events and she mentioned how she was checking out this “awesome band.”
“… and there was this great mosh pit!”
Me, eyebrow going up just slightly. “Most pit? How was that? They can get a bit rough.”
“Don’t worry Dad. It was a Christian Mosh Pit.”
Easy day with David C and the burros for six miles. Got to run with Spike, the World Champ from 2003 (I think) with Hal Walter. He reminds me quite a bit of Jack in his coloring and his consistent temperament. We ran around trails in Louisville. Folks don’t see burros often I guess, and we got a lot of looks, people snapping camera-phone shots and folks that wanted to find out what it was all about. “You race them? But you don’t ride them?”
Planning on doing the segment 6 of the Colorado Trail tomorrow (Kenosha to Breck). Will take it pretty slow and easy to recon the route for the boy’s upcoming backpacking trip. Will probably stick to the trail except I expect to divert to the West Jefferson Trail for the portion east of Georgia Pass, west of the Aspen Campgrounds.
Some pics over the last couple of days.
Spike, former World Champ with Hal.
Dave and Elroy (future world champ)
JZ at camp
Haven't been up there yet to confirm, but heard there was a far amount of snow about a mile from Georgia Pass
ReplyDeleteThanks for the beta. Will need to eye ball that and make a call if I am going through.
DeleteGreat day. Nice shots. I tell people about burro racing and they all give me a look, but it's fun explaining what you folks do.
ReplyDelete"It was a Christian mosh pit" > Classic teen recovery response. Makes me think of this mural in Salida.
Kenosha to Georgia is a fun segment, never done the rest. Last weekend I was able to skate across snow fields near Evans and not fall through (155 lbs). It just adds to the adventure : )
Haha! That is a great mural. And yup, a good amount of snow up there.
ReplyDelete