Nice Pre recap over on HOR.
Good read: Taking A Multi-Paced Approach To Periodization … I like Beck’s stuff.
I tend to roll around on my music, and occasionally come back to some stuff that I heavily enjoyed at some point in my past. It is almost like a whole new rediscovery of that music, but even better because of the memories that come along with it. As a teen, I was heavily into Zep, even though they were well past done by the time I got to them. Page was one of the key influencers on what I wanted to play on guitar. Sure, there were many others, but Jimmy was king. Anyway, been grooving on a lot of this as of late.
My new bush league maneuver is to name my runs on Strava after some song or verse I heard on the run. Lot of Zep referenced in the last week.
I think this is from June 20, 1987. I guess some stuff has not changed.
I have never really done any of these “Michigan” flavored workouts, in part because I am not sure how much difference there would be for me between the rep and the interval rep (or the tempo pace). I might need to try it out. I know I need to do this, but I lack that discipline
A bit aged but a good interview with Fitzgerald on “diet cults.”
8.5 miles, easy along the ditch. Track tomorrow night.
That is, at best, your second best steeple pic ever.
ReplyDeleteWe did similar workouts during cross country in college, but our fast parts were around 5:00 pace (race pace) and the tempos would be around 5:40 pace. Awesome workout to teach you how to recover at a quicker pace and to teach you to change gears. I still do a lot of fartleks on the road that way. 8-12 miles of 3:00 on (~5:30 pace), 3:00 moderate (~6:20 pace) is a staple of my base training.
ReplyDeleteJT - Any steeple run in Hokas will always be superior.
ReplyDeleteKevin - I'd probably have to adjust those paces a bit, but yeah, I get the spirit. I do find that even after doing hard reps, the warm down after an initial shake out is almost always faster than what it feels like anyway. The repeats just set you up for that.