I often work in the office from the cafe in the building. This was the view mid morning:
Joined Steve at work for his workout, which was 60 seconds on at mile pace (which was about 300 meters or so), 60 seconds off at half that pace (or 150 meters). Six of these for Steve before he was done. Hot (probably near 90F or a touch over it). Never felt the groove here as my legs feel a bit dead and I have had a bit of a hack since the last mile race, but it was good to roll a bit. I did have a bit of lift, but again this workout is pretty easy for me to fake as it is only minute efforts. True, it builds, but it ain’t like kilos or something. 4.2 miles.
9.1 later in the afternoon. Again hot. Easy. 100 yards into this one as I hit the dirt around the corner I nearly face planted as I found a new hole that had not been there before. On the way home I saw 3 kids canoeing in the ditch. That was pretty awesome, particularly since they had to get pretty low to duck under the road culverts.
Aish is always entertaining in an interview. In particular I think his comments about getting into a hole and then coming out (around 5:30) are pretty interesting. And Bowman’s chances have obviously increased with the beard. Max King shoots smart by stating his only goal is the 24 belt buckle.
Braces off (again).
The Pikes Peak Marathon page has a vid up about the Incline Club.
One heck of a crafty passing move from 1987 IM.
No comments:
Post a Comment