Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday 101714

Today’s listening.

Traveled from London to Dublin today.  I am thinking of hopping in a local Park Run tomorrow over in Saint Annes Park - so I decided to jog over to where it is so that I had that dialed in.  IMG_2482IMG_2483IMG_2484IMG_2485

10.6 miles.  A little fatigue in the legs from yesterday but not bad at all.  Briefly contemplated going out Cork tomorrow to check out the donkey rescue out there, but as it is 3 plus hours away via public transport, I will wait for the next time I have some time in Cork.  Also thought about going to Northern Ireland to check out Belfast or to even check out the Skyrunning thing, but it is about 3 hours one way as well. 

Q:  If you could go back and tell your 16 year-old-self something, what would you say?  A.  I think life is all about learning from our mistakes, so I would probably say nothing.  Me?  I’d have a lot to say because I there are probably a few mistakes I could do better having not learned directly from.

I think I have said Colorado is the best place for beer.  My opinion on that was not swayed in London last week.  There were some fair beers, but the English style ales are just not to par of what we have in the Mile High.  I was not expecting much more in Dublin, as the choices here are usually pretty thin:  Heineken, Harp and Guinness (at least in Cork you can get Murphy’s or Beamish).  But this go around I located a microbrewery.  I walked in from the rain, got the stew and had a brew.  Solid.

IMG_2486

No comments:

Post a Comment