Slow to rise this AM, but if I was to get a run it, I needed to get up. The sun does not break the horizon here at this time of year until 8, so the easy five and change miles were in the dark, wind and rain. Out to Phoenix Park and back. Tired a bit but not too bad.
Out to our facility here this AM, and so back to work. Apparently the truckers here (or as I heard it referred to, “haulage company workers” decided to strike in protest to truck fees (5000 Euros a truck a year, compared to 500 pounds in England) by parking a bunch of trucks in bound to the city in the primary tunnel.
Some folks think I am nuts with my stats I keep. Compared to some, I keep nothing.
Max King picks up $30k at the Warrior Dash 5k championships. Hat tip to Wes for picking that up for me. Helluva lot better pay day than Burro Racing. Then again, I better stick to burro racing given the craptastic result I put up yesterday. At least I was 11th among the 45 year old age group. Yup, 11 dudes in that class.
The track is growing on me, particularly the second half (2:45 on), even if it is a Dio riff before that) culminating with that great scream.
Magil talks about a lifetime of breaking 5.
A look at the CU track shack. Nice reminder that it is good not to be in college anymore.
Another 5.2 in the evening before dinner. Windy. Apparently a hurricane is hitting the west coast of the island.
No comments:
Post a Comment