Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday 032612 Flagstaff, Green and a brew started.

Good thing I got the run in down south yesterday.  Not good down there today.

Met up with Dr. NMP for some easy running.  Well sort of easy running.  Easy in that we would keep the effort easy.  Not so easy as it had a good amount of vert (for me).  I was lucky to catch Nick after a weekend where he did like 50 miles with over 10k.   Legs were a bit tired, but the biggest issue is that my feet are a tired, and my ankles are irked some.  But all good. 

Saw Homie on the Ranger trail and chatted with him some.

Chautuaqua, Flagstaff, Rangeview, Ranger, Green, Bear Canyon (ish), Mesa.  11 miles

image

Great to catch up with Nick.  No one should be surprised at anything this guy accomplishes in the MUT space.

Got a batch of brew cooked up last night.  Fermentation started this AM.

Evening, dog jog. 4 miles.

5 comments:

  1. Great running with you GZ! Runs like this would be completely miserable without some good company and conversation to make them go by quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob - IPA.

    Nick - thanks again. It certainly did make the run go quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GZ: It was great to see you on Sunday. I had an awesome time and only wish such group runs happened every weekend closer to where I live. Anyway, next time I see you I want to talk about brewing. Brewing my own beer has long-been on my bucket list. I had a good friend in Cleveland who brewed his own beer and was quite hardcore about it. He loved having parties and serving his own beer to his friends.

    As for the fires, I'm heartsick over it. I love JeffCo and go there quite often for runs. As selfish as it sounds, I'm praying for JeffCo parks to make it through the fires. It's such a tragedy that plives and homes have been lost.

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wyatt - making beer is pretty easy. Sort of like making your own spaghetti sauce. Just takes longer. It can be heavily over engineered, or pretty simple. Only thing you need to be careful about is keeping the stuff clean.

    ReplyDelete