Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday 031912

Booked travel to Ireland today.  Got San Fran, Tel Aviv all on tap for the spring.  Nick P has given me some insight to places to run while I am in SF.  I have quietly opted out of an evening outing to a Giants game so that I can get a run over to Marin, Golden Gate in. 

In an effort to do summer planning that involved the kids, and to get a visual on what is going on (I was starting to lose track with all the possible camps, races, dog shows, burro events, scout outings, etc), we started to put together a “board” where the kids could throw up stickies on it.  Yeah, TZ and I use an electronic calendar but the kids are not wholly tied in that.  This was a quick way to get them to throw up various “possibilities” in an way that they could “touch.”

IMG-20120319-00066

(pictures are all taken from the crap camera phone these days since no one knows where the regular digital camera is … probably next to the remote for the TV which also is missing)

Dog is in the cone of shame.  Cut her feet on some unseen metal and wants to take her stitches out.  Dog is pretty unstoked about this.

IMG-20120319-00065IMG-20120319-00064

I am thinking of joining JT for some or all of his out and back on Section 1 of the Colorado Trail this Sunday.  My family has other plans, so I should have an extended fun pass.  It will finally allow me to get him my token mug to him for the Boulder 100.  Also thinking of doing Dirty Bismarck on Saturday, and trying to tempo it.  And also considering playing a little hookey some morning next week and heading up to Bill Lee’s place to get a run in with a burro, maybe taking Bullwinkle out for a few miles to see if I can handle him.

More podcast listening to Lucho and Tawnee today.

This is all I got to say about that guy coming from one horse team to another.  

It dawned on me that I don’t exactly who recall who took the pic that I submitted for Talk Ultras photo contest.  I obviously did not take it.  I have about 20 shots of folks, very similar, and it is driving me nuts because I SHOULD KNOW but I can’t remember who took them.  If you are this person, please let me know.

The vids on JV’s blog today are hilarious.

10 miles.  Not sure what to call this run.  It was flat (comparatively). It started easy the first half (7:40 pace).  I guess the second half was fartlek, as the pace varied from 8 plus to sub 6.  Second half was just under 35 minutes.  I got to confess, I feel like I am sort of in shape, but I sort of ain’t.  No bounce, but plenty of aerobic unf.  This probably means I am fat.

7 comments:

  1. IMHO, that old school sticker-board is way better than anything electronic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're the family scrum master and product manager? Seems like a conflict of interest to me. (sorry, programming geek talk)

    Figures the week you consider running Waterton, my brother will be visiting in Boulder and I won't be doing any running.

    Ever seen a cat in the Cone of Shame? Hilarious. They tend rub along walls, so they hit a corner and "Bonk!" the collar catches and they have to back up. You hear "Bonk!" coming from other rooms in the house as they try to cut too close. I'm probably a bad person but I had tears in my eyes from laughing the last time I had a cat with one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked up Dirty Bismarck in the urban dictionary, but it wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brownie, 'Doing the Dirty Bismarck' is the same as a Samoan Piledriver.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tel Aviv would be AWESOME! Can't wait to go there. Next year... anyway, I'd love to go and do this race too!

    http://israelraces.ultra.org.il/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last time you were "in Tel Aviv" Osama went down. Can we expect this Iran madness to go away soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brownie ... you should no better to speak about such operations.

    Andy, there happens to be a 10k there the day I arrive and the folks I am visiting there wanted me to jump in it. I get there too late to make that happen though.

    The Dirty Bismarck has quite the meaning for bikers up here.

    Mike, Jeff - yeah, the board is a little scrum-esque, but I certainly know I am not the product owner here.

    ReplyDelete