About to win the “Run the Rockies” half marathon
Pikes Ascent, 2006
Some race at the res … probably in the 90s
I think this commentary from the 2007 USTAF Club Nats in Boulder.
One of my favorite places to run too
First MAF test with the Punisher
Pretty much the standard message for any treadmill running
A bit of mud from 2007 XC Nats
A run with Scott Elliott off Bear Peak. MLK day 2007 I think.
I think this is the Uni-Hill 2k, 2006?
JV finishing 2007 PPA.
2006 PPM. Younger and older Burrells, talking to Andy A. Galen took second in the marathon off a 2:18 ascent.
Claude Clegg. A year after he recovered from testicular cancer and they found more tumor in his gut that they had to remove. He PR’d, saying he better as he was running up the hill with one less ball.
My wonderful children.
Lucy as a pup, near the London Mine
When this guy brushes his teeth, watch out.
Enjoying a home brew post Imogene … 2006 I think. We did not run over the pass that year.
2006 XC Nats in NYC I think. 4k.
Cramping up at the finish of PPM. (per the request of JP)
4th ranked ass in the world in 2010.
That's a nice shot of you hangin' tough with Culpepper.
ReplyDeleteAre you sure that 3rd pic is from the 90's - with that haircut and shades I thought it was just a year or so ago!
ReplyDeleteBrownie - Sandrock was happy to put that one up in the Daily Camera. Nothing like having your being lapped put up on the local paper. BTW - can you guess what CoS resident is running just in the left hand side of that pic? He was also lapped.
ReplyDeleteNick - definitely the 90s. The uniform gives it away. I am pretty sure I was still living in Ned. I think that was the 98 uniform for the BRR group.
Can't tell the guy on the left. But is that Goucher right behind you?
ReplyDeleteThat 2006 XC Nats pic looks like you're running the Special Olympics.
Brownie - hint, his results include his middle initial and he can be considered a top ten contender in the PPA over the last decade.
ReplyDeleteI was tying up pretty badly in that 4k. It was stupid cold and I was looking not to be lapped in a 2 lap race.
Yeah, Goucher and Ritz behind me. About to lap me too.
Pic #3 - I thought you were wearing a rug!!! Haven't been around these parts long enough to know GZ with hair ;-)
ReplyDeleteUsed to do the flat top all the time. I shave my head now because it is cheaper. And I am really not interested in heading to a barber every three weeks.
ReplyDeleteJust go every few months like me! ;-)
DeleteAwesome pics. The XC one is great. Alan looks relaxed like he's out for a jog and Adam is totally digging to catch. You look like a MMA fighter in the first pic. You got some guns!
ReplyDeleteLucho, eh, photos can be deceiving. I have not done much to work the biceps since the AF days (20 years gone by), but I occasionally get a shot where they seem to look bigger than they actually are (the other shots in the mix demonstrate this).
ReplyDeleteI have a bunch of old AF shots, but pre digital. Need to scan those buggers in.
By the way, I think this MAF test with you was right by your house. It was either this one, or the one right after where JK1 was cracking us up by doing that lifting of the 4 x 8 in the bleachers. I think CV was there too.
Whatcha you got on tap for the weekend?
Yep- That was Lafayette! Quite a while ago now. Fun times with Chuck and Jeff for sure. Jeff was walking the bleachers with a log on his back like in Vision Quest.
ReplyDeleteSaturday I have to be home by 8am but I'm planning hill intervals. Sunday will be ~20 or so with lot's of vertical. Let me know if you want to head up!
You cramping up at the PPM finish line is my favorite. Great shots!
ReplyDeleteI'll guess on the CoS runner... Gerald B.
ReplyDeleteGood stuff, but no correlation on the brushing, I brushed before that 2007 Pikes (pic does not brong back good memories....). Fun pics though, thanks for sharing.
Jaime - pretty bad cramping that day. I often cramp coming down (reflecting the lack of specific training I do), but that day it was particularly bad and it came on Ruxton pretty strong.
ReplyDeleteJeff -you are correct, Gerald B Romero.
Oh, in the xc nats pic, you are not running the tangent there because you are getting the F@CK out of the way!
ReplyDeleteYou learned your lesson on that one from a certain Tour de Flatirons champ ;)
ReplyDeleteAll great photos but I do have a favorite!
ReplyDeleteJV - I didn't want you to talk ...
ReplyDeleteJP - I need to get you a mug from the 100 next time we connect.