Friday, March 2, 2012

Friday 030212

Homie put up quite the bat signal today – he was doing 10 laps on Green.  That sums to 41 miles (and today was his 41st birthday) on the route he chose (ASG), with something like 22-25k of vertical.  And this was done on a trail that is socked in hard with ice and snow, requiring additional traction the whole way. 

That is just … well, call it what you want.

He started at 5AM (well before I was awake), I joined him in the later afternoon and was still at it when I left him (he had 2 laps to go).  I was super stoked to share a bit of his journey today. 

 IMG-20120302-00050 IMG-20120302-00053   
IMG-20120302-00057 IMG-20120302-00049

On a personal and selfish note, catching Homie after he had nailed in some 15000 feet of vertical set me up for a nice introduction back to Green (this was my first summit of the year). 

Happy birthday John.  Inspiring to say the least.

5 comments:

  1. Thank god I'm only turning...well, nevermind.

    That's just awesome. JV tried to coax me out today too and regretfully turned down the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been to Green, but I've heard enough to comprehend that 10 laps is beastly. Heck, 10 laps of anything is beastly. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who the heck has a hamburger stand build into the back of their van? Can I have some fries please?

    Homie's trek is phenomenal. I feel cooked after two laps of that thing.

    I am not running 51 miles for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homie is like the Honey Badger. He don't give a shit. I do TWO laps on Green and I am posting some big ass blog about what a BAMF I am. Homie does 10. No word of it. Homie is the BAMF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 laps on Green?!?!?! BAMF he is.

    ReplyDelete