Monday, June 11, 2012

Various Monday

Results from yesterday are almost as bad as the fifth down.
image 

Off to Pittsburgh for the week.  Where is there good running near Cranberry Township?

Who will win Mount Washington?   How long will Glen Randall lead it?

Should Lucho have a beard for Leadville or not?

How will you be successful?

Awesome commencement speech:  you are not special.  ‘You’ll note the founding fathers took pains to secure your inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness--quite an active verb, “pursuit”--which leaves, I should think, little time for lying around watching parrots rollerskate on Youtube.”

Ala Covey, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Runners.

6 comments:

  1. I shaved a few days ago. Well, sort of. I now have a wicked (stupid) cowboy moustache and chin patch. I feel faster already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GZ: Cranberry Township is home to North Park, which is a very historic ultrarunning course. The old GNC Ultras, which served as the 100K national championship back in the '90s, used to take place around North Park. It's a 5-mile loop on road/paved path. In 2009, I ran the Lt. JC Stone 50K, which is 6 loops plus a small section around North Park, and it was one of my better races (I may return to the Lt. JC Stone 50K in 2013). I think you'll enjoy North Park--many great ones raced there, such as Scott Jurek, Jim Garcia, Bob Sweeney (I'm pretty sure Bob did the GNC Ultras) et al back in the days of the GNC Ultras.

    http://www.jcstone50k.com/

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyatt - thanks for the tip. A touch south of where I will be ... I should be able to swing by with the rental car.

    Lucho - Bring on the mullet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would be happy watching a parrot rollerskate,hey,i spent like 5 min.of my life watching a slinky walking up a treadmill,seeing if it would walk off edge,it didn't.Feel like a better person for watching that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucho, I knew that was you that won the San Diego 100! BUSTED!

    https://twitter.com/slukenelson/status/211711239750029313/photo/1

    ReplyDelete