7 miles, track. Hot: 95 degrees and a pretty good wind coming out of the south and I was probably a bit dehydrated (still). 1.5 mile warm up with the last quarter doing knee highs and butt kicks. 2 x 200 to open up, then 2 x (800-600-400-200) with a very slow 200 recovery between each. Finished up with 2 x 200.
But I think the GPS generally lies (in an overly beneficial way) on the track distances when they are this short. The true “short” of this is that while I am aerobically fit (I did a warm down mile in 7:10), I have like ZERO turn over speed. Breaking 80 for 400 is nearly all out. That is the bad news. The good news is that my Achilles did not blow up in this workout and I did not puss out. But bad news – I am having a bit of an issue getting into “zone five” or above 180.
Good news … this is trainable … assuming I don’t get hurt. Ah, the master balance.
More good news – I did the first set by “feel” and 2:54, 2:08, 83, 39 and then came back to push a bit on the second set: 2:45, 2:03 (sadly slower pace than the 800 pace however), 79, and 38. Closing 200s were 37. Sigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment