In Pitt. Going to be a busy work week. I have a lot of these this year actually. Rather than fight it, I am embracing it … all part of the strategy this year. In any case, it is humid here. I shouldn’t complain because I am breathing water in rather than the smoke like everyone back home. And it is HILLY here. Not big mountain hilly of course but this AM’s easy six miler brought 640 feet of gain without even trying.
You actually went to Pittsburgh to celebrate Dock Ellis day? HIPPIE!
ReplyDeleteGZ: Pitt does have some nice hills, especially downtown. I went to high school about 45 minutes from Pitt, in Wheeling, WV. I also went to college a few hours from Pitt. Anyway, if you get a chance, go to North Park for a run--nice area. And if you're looking to impress clients, take them to the Grand Concourse for lunch or dinner.
ReplyDeleteAlso, regarding the hills in Pitt: How else to explain Brownie's legendary skills on the Incline?
Wyatt
I am going to have a tough time getting out anywhere ... gotta pay the bills I guess.
ReplyDeleteBrownie - most kids have no idea who that guy is.
George,
ReplyDeleteSorry, I just saw you're in Pittsburgh. If you have time, McConnel's Mill State Park is about 20 minutes north of Cranberry. Go up 79 to exit 99, turn left on 422, go about 1 mile and turn left on the road to the park. There's very scenic and in some places very tecnical single track along the Slippery Rock Creek. Go across the covered bridge - the trail is on the left. It goes 6 or 7 miles to Hell's Hollow, and is just beautiful.
Another option is Hartwood Acres. Very nice single track, less technical - can't go wrong there either.
Enjoy - hope you get a chance to check it out.
Sadly, I did not get out much. Too busy paying bills. Thanks for the recommendations all.
ReplyDelete