Saturday, June 9, 2012

He is obviously on EPO, HGH and PBR

High Altitude Running Team All-Comers Track Meet

Pic via PikesPeakSports.

Apparently some guy down south had to send up a statement that he is faster than me.  He supposedly posted a 4:48 in the 1500 in an all comers meet down there.  I am not completely convinced however as the picture above looks like at least the fourth take, photoshoped and like he jumped in the local HS track practice.  I mean, he doesn’t even have his signature hat.

More seriously,  the race the other night and JT’s time has me  thinking that I might take a shot getting back under five minutes later this summer.

5 comments:

  1. Concrete proof that I'm faster than you. I've now retired from the sport.

    That pic was from the 3000m, which I tanked. Think I ran 10:59 with a 5:47 mile. Can't believe I used to run four events at a track meet, trying two crushed me last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had you gone spikes, you would have beat this guy ... http://api.ning.com/files/-232-FD7gTwOwF04xCVp4F2KgYnjEOSmMZqIJ5bCm9SlSArY4QQawGxyzZdlQHarxxK1zJNdlX0qZfCwNVUZ440cbydbduGK/Track065.JPG?width=398&height=600

    Yeah, all this supposed wisdom we get with age is overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And after Hardrock I'll join you in your sub-5 quest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm moving back to NJ, where the 10k's can be won with a 6:30 pace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boulder is tough when you hit the right race. Look at the Bolder Boulder Citizen race ... a low 30 time might not get you in the top ten.

    ReplyDelete