An interesting interview with Tony, Ellie and Geoff.
Ultrarunning can cause heart failure. Most runners I know don’t run to increase the length of their life but are doing it to increase the quality of their life right now. So yeah, it is a drug.
Are there any plants in Colorado, specifically the Front Range area that are poisonous to the touch – like poison ivy? I am asking because there is a requirement for Scouts that the kids can recognize such plants and treat outcomes from interacting with them. I guess there is cactus as well …
I have been having an odd burp on occasion. One where I sort of get a bit choked up at the top of the esophagus and find it almost difficult to breathe for a minute. Then I squeak out this high pitch – and embarrassing burp. My mother in law thinks this is gall bladder failure.
On Ruxton, past the gate along the creek TONS of poison ivy. Tons. I have been reading a lot about reactions to mango skins which I had never heard before. The Fast Mile race is going to be a blast.
ReplyDeleteHey George,
ReplyDeleteThere is plenty of poison ivy all around the mountain parks. I bet you run by some every day. It is most plentiful in drainages like lower Gregory Canyon, Skunk Canyon, Boulder Canyon and along many ditches. It is growning pretty fast right now. Look for it's 3 leaves with red stems.
-Andy
Sorry - I should have clarified. I know there is poison ivy in CO. I am just wondering of other plants other than poison ivy. I have not encountered anything other than ivy or the occasional cactus that is problematic. I know when I was running with Footfeathers in Marin he was crazy paranoid about poison oak.
ReplyDelete