Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sunday 100514

Most of Saturday and then UK Sunday was tied up traveling here, getting through airports, then getting a train out to Bath.  We did a little walking in the evening to dinner, but then the lag hit the family and they elected to crash.

Slapjack in DIA.IMG_2068
The highlight was an error that I pulled.  There happened to be two flights leaving ATL at nearly the same time for LHR.  I was on one.  Everyone else was on another.  I didn’t notice that the booking agent did this.  Nor did it get noticed when we checked in together, etc.  Totally overlooked it.  TZ got suspicious as they were departing from gates nearly next to each other.  I felt like such a noob for making this mistake, but we quickly recovered and determined if we couldn’t find each other at LHR, we’d look for each other at the central bus station.  Thankfully they were waiting for me at luggage claim.IMG_2070
Paddington Station.  JZ ran into a wall just after Platform 9, and a little before 10 to see if he could go through the wall.IMG_2072
Evening in Bath as we walked out.  I thought we’d get to the Royal Crescent but I was informed that it would wait until we ate and slept.IMG_7395IMG_7391
He liked this door.
IMG_7400

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy the UK. It's more awesome than Colorado for sure. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun but CO might still be the best place on the planet for brews and views.

      Delete
    2. Don't drink anymore do can't comment but I agree with your opinion on views!

      Delete
    3. Now in London. Number of people in a true city like this always amazes me. And sort of freaks me out.

      Delete
  2. Good to get overseas with the family. I was in Europe both as a kid and as an adult, and remember those times fondly.

    At the same time, I also remember when waiting for a flight at DIA was cause for sadness because I was leaving Colorado too soon. At least there's no more of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. The kids saw several buildings yesterday older than our country. By about 2x. And then structures even older than that.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy the family time on the other side of the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great trip! Fun to follow along.

    Too bad your kids aren't learning anything though, missing those irreplaceable classroom lessons and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine we will be dealing with the unexcused absence thing for a bit.

      Delete