AM – 6.3 miles. Headed out along part of the Dublin canal system. Cooler and windy
Jonesy reflects on his record where he went through the half 30 years ago faster than what they did for the recent WR marathon. I am sure I have told this story before but I remember when I met Steve Jones. I told him how when I was in HS, there was a poster of him winning Chicago up in the boys locker room, on the XC bulletin board. His response was quick. “Damn. I wish it had been up in the girls locker room.”
One of Jonesy’s athletes is Vaughn (who was also coached in HS by Greg Weich, who now coaches my daughter and we have all seen movies with Kevin Bacon in it). I am guessing that Brent was not stoked with the 68 this past weekend.
Thought you might be interested in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8mBzKLhL0U
ReplyDeleteThanks. Yeah I missed that one coming out as I am over here in Europe. I expect to check that movie out when it comes out, but I am not sure I will get to it Christmas Day. Looks pretty brutal.
DeleteIsn't Hobie Call, second at the Warrior Dash, the guy that is going to break two hours for the marathon.
ReplyDeleteYes with weight vest training. Was second at the PPA once as well.
DeleteI heard Vaughn is just "revving up" for XC championships in February so maybe he didn't push it the past weekend.
ReplyDeleteThe canal pic is really cool. Nice job on the races over the weekend. Hokas for a xc meet is pretty impressive! :)
He had to make two bathroom stops during the half, said to be racing NYC Marathon in a few weeks.
DeleteGood to know. FWIW the marathon team for the US men in a couple of years is a crap shoot. While I love me some Meb it is hard to believe he is our best shot. Hall and Ritz seem like coin flips to make it to the line,
Delete