Had a Hardrock prep conversation with Tim Long and his crew (Sean, Kara) today. Some highlights.
1.) I had been going back and forth as whether to start pacing Tim at Ouray or Grouse Gulch. At current I am thinking I will take a shorter path and start at Grouse Gulch (58 miles into the run). I am sure I could do the run from Ouray but I rather be a bit stronger for Tim in the latter stages – and hence the start.
2.) I am probably going to go without poles. Simply, I am just too uncoordinated to effectively deal with them. But that is a bit up in the air.
3.) I will probably head down with Tim and Sean on Wednesday of that week.
And … given the whirlwind of stuff I have been dealing with over the last couple of weeks, I need to cram a bit of studying of some maps, etc before this test.
Very stoked to be a small part of Tim’s party. I hope I can keep up.

Grouse to Handies is a great little stretch. Poles are for dancing. You're going to have a blast out there!
ReplyDeleteSee you down there.
ReplyDeleteSuper stoked to have you there! Really looking forward to seeing you again. We'll have plenty of quality time and you'll still get in about 15k of climb...
ReplyDeleteJustin - are you just hanging out or pacing someone?
ReplyDelete