Thursday, May 12, 2011

Thursday 051211

Rebuilding this post given the blogger outage.

AM - gorgeous morning out here in PA, with a beautiful sunrise. 10 miles, and I found a hill that was a quarter mile, averaging just under 9% grade, pitching up to under 13%. Did 8 repeats on that. They started at about 1:48, and then brought it down to 1:45. Full recovery as it was an easy jog back down. Started off feeling sluggish but pre-committed to doing a workout like this last night - so I did. Once I got going ... much better. And glad to have done it.

Looks like the HR monitor strap battery died this AM, as it said my AHR for this workout was 66.

Whytomwhy gave me good advice on my IPod Nano that I thought was dead - also a battery issue. He advised me to give it a firm whack on a surface like a counter. I did and it came back to life. Awesome.

McDougal gets fined.  My initial post had me wondering if I ought even bring this topic.  It is not clear to me when OSMP decides they are going to enforce this code.  In McDougal’s case, mentioning group social runs on your website seems to drive enforcement of the code, even though he had a permit for the gathering event at the top. 

Comments:

Kieran McCarthy has left a new comment on your post
I don't know. You beat me on your way to 50 when I was just running 25. Maybe that's just where your heart rate is nowadays.

beth has left a new comment on your post
that's crazy (the nano bang)!!!!
where in PA are you? anywhere near my philly home turf? have fun.

Brandon Fuller has left a new comment on your post
Wet here. Be glad you are there.

GZ has left a new comment on your post

Beth - in Cranberry Township which is north of Pitt. But mostly I am in a conference room without windows.
Brandon - yeah, back tomorrow so turn on the lights.
Kieran - your blog is way too smart for me. How'd the 25 turn out for you? You were pulling away from me on that downhill.

Brett has left a new comment on your post
After reading that entire McDougall story, those officers should be ashamed of themselves. The dude bent over backwards 12 different ways to accomodate and be in compliance...and the dude just hides out and waits to give them a ticket instead of being completely clear on the front end.

5 comments:

  1. that's crazy (the nano bang)!!!!

    where in PA are you? anywhere near my philly home turf? have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. You beat me on your way to 50 when I was just running 25. Maybe that's just where your heart rate is nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth - in Cranberry Township which is north of Pitt. But mostly I am in a conference room without windows.

    Brandon - yeah, back tomorrow so turn on the lights.

    Kieran - your blog is way too smart for me. How'd the 25 turn out for you? You were pulling away from me on that downhill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After reading that entire McDougall story, those officers should be ashamed of themselves. The dude bent over backwards 12 different ways to accomodate and be in compliance...and the dude just hides out and waits to give them a ticket instead of being completely clear on the front end.

    ReplyDelete