Sammy W's death ... sigh. Matt F seems to have captured an angle that I thought of (although not as eloquently) ... "Wanjiru’s premature demise surprises me less than any other major runner’s untimely death would have. His fatal fall strikes me not as a random accident that came to him with shocking unexpectedness but, sadly, as the almost foreseeable endpoint of the course he seemed to have been on in his life. The same quality that made Wanjiru great may have foreordained his early passing: an almost out of control energy, a way of attacking life and its challenges." Sadly, I have personally known a few folks that this writing could apply to.
PM - Flatirons Vista, and then swung around down along the Community Ditch. 11 miles. Felt good.
Justin's weekly run down of MUT stuff.
I think this is Lucho cross training ...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteremember watching Sammy in action in Beijing. I thought it was an unsustainable course in such heat, but somehow he hung on and struck gold. Live by the sword, die by the sword. I'm just glad his family is OK, all things considered. But it's a horrible tragedy and a real loss.
ReplyDeleteWyatt
I'd be more inclined to be a fan if he'd lose the white compression get up...
ReplyDelete