Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday 052311

Traveled to Georgia today. Getting through RFP and will review soon.


Have not seen the 60 minute expose on Armstrong but will probably watch tonight.

Nick Clark ... He ain't a dark horse ...

Mock's weekly RT MUT round up

PM - 13 miles. Off toward the Emory campus and in the Lullwater area. Cool stuff. Pix tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Cool podcast. I loved the part where GR says (paraphrasing): "When I was feeling bad running about halfway through [WS100], I asked myself, okay what do I do when I am running and feeling bad..."

    Its a very simple concept, but easier said than done. His ability to let people go even 20 minutes ahead so he could take care of himself (and eventually know he could bring it all back) was pretty damn scarily impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HERE is a good link from Lisa Bliss to point people like our wives too so they can't call us crazy.

    RE: Nick Clark, yea, while I randomly posted a ton of folks who are running WS over on AJWs blog poll [Journet, Clark, Roes, Koerner, Wolfe, Mackey, Sharman, Foote, Skaden, Loutitt, Burch, Bragg, Kaburaki, Jaeduk, Freeman, Jones-Wilkins, Braje, Cooper, Jaime] I actually like that order the more I stare at it. 8h7m is crazy at Jemez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brett, I like that order too, but no way I pick kilian. Perfect world: Clark, Roes, Mackey podium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well he held off a hard charging Nick Clark to keep 3rd after carrying no fluids (!) all day and taking a couple breaks to lie down in streams. So we will see I suppose. Its the great thing about this sport, I mean really any number of people could win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Race management. Like we've said before, he's the most supported runner of that kind anywhere. Tough to separate that from all the other skills; it's part of the whole package. I still like roes bag of tricks for race like WS. A TT of Kilamanjaro fully supported by Solomom? Kilian's tough.

    And that he "held off" Nick Clark, that's quite a compliment of Nick.

    Like you said, we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Nick come flying down Caballo at Jemez while I was still on my way up. The guy can fly and he beat a record set by a guy (Kyle Skaggs) who was in legendary shape when he did both Jemez and Hardrock a few weeks later in 2008) Nick's in amazing shape and, yes, I agree that he's no darkhorse for Western. I think it's going to be a slug fest between Geoff, Dave M., Nick and Kilian. Hal K. could be the guy who sneaks up on everyone. Not sure what's up with Anton and Western, but I'm hoping he's there because when he's on he's nearly unbeatable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hal is no darkhorse either. He has won twice, and is just one comp out of the winner's circle.

    ReplyDelete